Microsoft Office Excel is a program for spreadsheet processing. It allows users to create tables, enter data and make calculations. The program was developed by Microsoft Corporation and is included into MS Office package. The most recent version is Excel with Office 365 subscription and the previous ones are Excel 2016, 2013 and 2010. The subscription provides plans for home use and for business.
This software fits best for those who work with accounting reports, calculate revenues and expenses, keep records with amounts of money, create cost sheets and more. This product also can be used for personal needs. You don’t have to be a specialist in accounting to keep in order records and calculation of your wages and taxes. On the Internet, there are many guides and instructions on how to use MS Excel.
What Benefits MS Excel Proposes for its Users
Microsoft Excel has a wide range of features to conduct calculations automatically and manage your data. Among them are the following:
- Enter different types of data into spreadsheets, such as dates, amounts of money, time and text. For example, creating an annual report, enter a word January and drag this cell horizontally or vertically. The relevant row or column will be filled with the subsequent months.
- Various mathematical operations allow users to calculate big arrays of numbers. Check the total amount, add, subtract, multiply and divide corresponding cells. You can conduct even more complex calculations by entering a formula into the command line and selecting particular cells. The same formula can be extended to more cells in a row or a column by dragging it.
- Filter necessary data using a funnel tool. Enter the search parameters into the funnel field, and the program will sort out the required data.
- Sheets and cells can be formatted in many different ways: adjust content position, highlight rows and columns with a color, highlight borders and many more. You are free to change text font and size or make it bold or italics as well.
- Use graphical objects to build up diagrams and schedules based on the available information in the sheet.
- Share spreadsheets for collaboration with your colleagues.
- Protect information by blocking particular cells, so that other users will not be able to make changes in them.
Import and export data between Excel and other Microsoft products and external programs. For example, if you have a document in Word, such as tax Form W-2 or 1099, you can export the necessary information to a spreadsheet for further processing.